Back in the Game

Some of you may recall that I used to paint furniture. In fact that's all I used to do until the cold weather hit. I haven't painted anything in a long time so I picked up something little to ease back into it.



I bought this solid wood nightstand at Goodwill. And let me tell you the pickings are slim in there. I only bought one thing at a time last year (so I didn't fill up the garage) but now I can see that I need to stock up the winter. I can't wait until people start their spring cleaning!

No real prep needed with this one, just a quick sand and a coat of primer. I did have a hard time picking the paint colour I wanted. I ended up using the aqua I used on the french provincial dresser since I had lots left over and I paid full price for that can, ouch!

I had picked up the knob at Michaels a loooong time ago and matched it to some scrapbook paper to line the drawer with. It's my dream that someday Michaels will have the knob selection that Hobby Lobby has. Or better yet, Hobby Lobby comes to Canada! Come on Hobby Lobby, we got Ketchup Chips and Poutine here! You know you love it!




So I'm left with an adorable little nightstand, nothing so special or original but I think it's cute!


Almost forgot! Partying with Cassie & Miss Mustard Seed:

11 comments:

  1. yay! you're back!

    Sweet little night stand.

    I agree, we need hobby lobby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is definitely cute! Nice to have you back! I totally feel your pain with the cold weather. Spring just can't come soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cathy- is that you???? are you there? hello???

    oh thank goodness, it IS you!!! so glad you are back!! the nightstand is adorable- i love that knob you chose, and the color is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! So great to see you return to what you do best! Lovely colour...love the knob and I totally agree...Hobby Lobby come on over to us Canucks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I do adore the knob selection at Hobby Lobby! They're great! Do you need someone to ship you some? I might be persuaded.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is adorable and the knob looks perfect with the paint colour! Start a petition to bring Hobby Lobby to Canada and sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathy,
    The little nightstand turned out just perfect! Love the color and the sweet knob!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greetings from Southern California

    I am your newest follower. I invite you to visit my blog and follow me if you want too.

    God bless you :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish you lived closer by a couple thousand miles. Wow! I constantly see furniture that you could make look great...and I have a few projects I need to get going on....

    That nightstand is so adorable....LOVE that color!

    ReplyDelete